Server 2014 CTP1 available now
- SQL Server 2014 takes an integrated approach to in-memory database technology. In-Memory OLTP, which optimizes performance of OLTP workloads, is fully integrated in the core SQL Server relational data
- SQL Server 2014 introduces enhancements to two common database maintenance operations namely Partition Switching and Online Index Rebuild which greatly increases enterprise application availability
- Extending Memory to SSDs: Seamlessly and transparently integrates solid-state storage into SQL Server by using SSDs as an extension to the database buffer pool, allowing more in-memory processing and reducing disk IO.
- Buffer pool memory, which plays key role in storing data pages and in turn reducing the I/O demand
- Easy Cloud migration - New cloud migration wizard to easily move on premises SQL Server to Windows Azure
- Easy Integration with Excel - "GeoFlow" - richer insights with 3D Visualization , faster insights and predictive analytics with data mining add ins in Excel
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 1 -
Looking forward to get hands on too....