The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Performance Toolkit was created by the Microsoft CRM product team to formalize testing of Microsoft CRM 4.0. The performance toolkit is intended to be used by partners and customers to collect data to support their CRM deployment decisions.
Some of the enhancements made to the toolkit are:
1. Multi Organization Performance Testing Support
2. Multi Server Deployment Performance Testing Support
3. Outlook Synchronization and Offline Performance Testing Support
4. Data Management Performance Testing Support
5. Workflow Performance Analysis Support
6. Email Matching Performance Testing Support
7. Ease of deployment of the Toolkit through an MSI package with enhanced configuration of the toolkit.
The Performance toolkit contains various tools listed below that can be used in customizing the CRM installation, populating the necessary semantic data for the required scale and conducting the benchmarking tests against the CRM installation. The tools provided in the Performance toolkit are:
1. ImportCustomization Tool
2. DbPopulator Tool
3. CRM_Perf_Benchmark Tool
Here's the link on codeplex for complete details - http://www.codeplex.com/crmperftoolkit
Regards - Dj